Youth makes rude rly official apologise

22-year-old Keyur Surti is abused and threatened with molestation charges by railway officials for requesting faster service; The youth fights back and gets a written apology

Yogesh Avasthi
Posted On Thursday, May 03, 2012 (http://www.ahmedabadmirror.com/article/3/2012050320120503220353312bdc4fa65/Youth-makes-rude-rly-official-apologise-.html)
N T Jaswani (extreme left) told Surti (extreme right) that the woman official will file a molestation complaint against him if he persisted on filing a complaint
Officials at Ahmedabad railway station are in need of a lesson in politeness. It took the efforts by a 22-year-old youth to expose the official’s rude behaviour and extract an apology from him. Keyur Surti , who is preparing for the UPSC exams was buying tickets to board a train to Surat, when he encountered a rude official.
“I study for the UPSC exam in Ahmedabad. I was returning to my hometown in Surat and was standing in the queue to buy ticket. The woman issuing tickets was too slow. As the train I wanted to board was about to depart in a few minutes, I requested her to be a bit faster.
However, the lady simply started verbally abusing me and called me a ba****d. She asked me if my vision was bad despite the spectacles I was wearing,” said Surti who was absolutely shocked by the railway official’s tirade.

Shift supervisor misbehaved too
A visibly shaken Surti then decided to give a written complaint to railway authorities against the woman’s rude behaviour. But at station master’s cabin he was in for another shock. “I went to the station master’s office to give my complaint in writing. When I asked for the complaint book, the officers present asked me to wait while they called Sneha Sharma — the guilty woman official.
They wanted me to resolve the dispute amicably instead of filing a complaint. However, despite waiting for several minutes, Sharma didn’t turn up. Instead, the shift supervisor N T Jaswani came and started arguing with me. He told me point blank that Sharma would not apologise to me and that if I persisted on filing a complaint then she would file a counter complaint of molestation against me. I was dumbstruck, so were the other officials present in the office,” said Surti.
Thoroughly disappointed and appalled, Surti went home. However, he couldn’t take the incident out of his mind. So he approached his father, a police officer. “My father told me that I shouldn’t let the matter rest. So the next day I went to railway station and took up the matter again. At first, they refused to listen to me. But when I revealed that I was a cop’s son, they relented. Jaswani apologised to me for his rude behaviour and also gave me a written apology stamped with a seal of Western Railways,” said Surti.
Meanwhile, senior officials of Ahmedabad Division, Western Railway, have stated that no such complaint has come to their notice. They assured that if the matter is brought to their notice, they would take action.





Popular posts from this blog

No more number game at medical colleges

Xavier’S BOY suspended for hitting vice-princi

Fusion garba with sanedo in Swahili