No sweeping statement this!

Girish Vaghela dresses well and drives to work on a Royal Enfield.He does not have a cubicle office.Instead,the 27-year-old is a sweeper in Kaligam who takes great pride in his work

Yogesh Avasthi 
(http://mobilepaper.timesofindia.com/mobile.aspx?article=yes&pageid=11&sectid=edid=&edlabel=AMIR&mydateHid=05-08-2012&pubname=Mirror+-+Ahmedabad&edname=&articleid=Ar01100&publabel=MM) (Ahmedabad Mirror : August 05, 2012)
Girish Vaghela is a 27-year-old wellbuilt man who loves to drive around the city on his Royal Enfield.His love for jewellery is inspired by Bappi Lahiri as he flaunts gold chains,rings and even has a gold-capped tooth.But these are not the features that make people give him a second look.It is the broom he flourishes that catches everyones attention.
Surprised You might be.But not residents of Kaligam who see him carrying out his job meticulously every morning.Whats wrong with sweeping This is a job like any other.Or should I call it a service to society.Havent we all learnt the importance of cleanliness in school Have we forgotten that Bapu (Mahatma Gandhi) said cleanliness is next to godliness asks Girish,a Gomtipur resident.
He continues,We lay claim to dignity of labour.But do we really believe in it If that were true no one would look at my job with contempt.I dress well and ride a motorcycle so people take me for a brat from a well-off family.When they see the broom in my hand,they are taken aback.They wonder why I would be doing this job.It is difficult for them to meld the two images.Everyone goes to their workplace in presentable outfits.I do the same.I am hurt by the notion that a cleaner or sweeper cannot dress well.
My parents and grandparents were cleaners.As a child,I used to accompany my mother when she would go for her job in Khadia.I have no regret in adopting the profession followed by my forefathers.In fact,I have great regard for my work as its a service to society, Girish says proudly.
Girish augments his salary by working as an instructor at a gym in Soni ki Chawl near Odhav.Impressed by his physique,a prominent political leader asked him to become his bodyguard.However,Girish politely refused the offer.
I have also acted in a Gujarati film which is yet to be released, says the father of four-month-old Dyan.Girish wants to try his luck in politics.

Popular posts from this blog

No more number game at medical colleges

Xavier’S BOY suspended for hitting vice-princi

Fusion garba with sanedo in Swahili