AM reporter Yogesh Avasthi‘s telephonic conversation with Bhagwat Singh:

By Yogesh Avasthi
Posted On Sunday, March 15, 2009 (Ahmedabad Mirror : http://www.ahmedabadmirror.com/index.aspx?Page=article&sectname=News%20-%20Latest&sectid=2&contentid=2009031520090315030209251bc468351)

AM:Kem chho?
BHAGWAT SINGH: Fine, fine
AM: I am Yogesh from Ahmedabad Mirror
BS: I know you, tell me
AM: Let’s meet to discuss the problem you are in
BS: See Yogeshbhai, they are all big people. Now all my work from schools has gone. My job has gone.
AM: You were (teaching) in A 1, right?
BS: Yes I was there but it’s all finished. Now , no-one is giving me a job. Everything has been disturbed now. I had to suffer the most. No-one else.
BS: Ask students anout my nature. Ask anyone. Sometimes relations, friendship... which is why this happened. I have suffered a lot, in my family... my father suffered a heart attack due to this. My wife also faced problems but time spent was... if you had been in my place, Yogeshbhai, you would have been fed up yaar.
AM: I understand what you went through
BS: No, this is what has happened. I am talking very calmly and frankly with you right now. My nature is very helping, ask anybody. I have never harmed anybody. Helped as much as possible. Be it students or parents.
AM: Then how did you get stuck in this? You know it was Board...
BS: No, no , there was something like, emotionally like a family. Just to do a little help, nothing much. It was very personal. You know about it. In my profession I have never taken a single rupee. Not a single naya paisa I have taken from anybody. I have suffered so much there is no limit to it.
AM: Didn’t you ask anything to Chavda as to why you did this with us?
BS: Why drag Chavda? He’s a smart man. Those people managed it
AM: You mean Sanjay Patel and Kotak?
BS: They only, who else? Who else has the power to do such setting?
AM: Who are the other two men? That’s all I want to know.
BS: I don’t know them. They were with me and Chavda was there. Whatever has to happen will happen. Tell you honestly, I only has 5% involvement in it. 60-70 mark matter needs around 3 hours and we haven’t stood so long.
AM: Then how long were you there?
BS: 5 minutes. How much can I help in writing in that time? A madam told newspapers that she opposed but no-one opposed at all. Principal and staff were all togeather. There were such big people present there, who will even listen to me!
AM: These people are saying that the teachers were given Rs 50,000. BS: Not a single rupee has been given.
AM: Describe the 2 teachers with you
BS: One was an old man, around 56-year-old and the other was young. Chavda is a smart player. Nothing will happen to him only I will suffer.
(The transcript is translated from Gujarati)

Popular posts from this blog

No more number game at medical colleges

Xavier’S BOY suspended for hitting vice-princi

Fusion garba with sanedo in Swahili